Managing a large family

Friday, January 30, 2015

   For as long as I can remember I have always wanted a large family. With that being said just doing our day to day things can be a challenge with so many children in toe. Needless to say I am a big fan of those 3 kid carts they offer at Target and some Walmart's. It really makes it a lot easier to shop when your not chasing 3 kids in 3 different directions. Needless to say organization when you have small children is the key to your existence and with that said I still end up sometimes forgetting items on my list. Bedtime also is like a well oiled machine. I choose to bath all 3 of my little ones at the same time like an assembly line. Everyone brushes there teeth at the same time too, and get dressed and ready for bed shortly after bedtime. I bath my kids at night as it just seems to allow more time for me to get ready in the morning plus my kids sleep better after baths. I lay there clothes out the night before, so that there is no confusion in anyone missing an article of clothing  getting ready. And even at that we sometimes run behind schedule.
   Twins have its own set of challenges, when they were younger I relied heavily on my double stroller. It was my best friend carrying diaper cream, extra clothes, medicine bag, boogie wipes and anything else that is needed for 2 small children.With multiples I seemed to be an over packer prepared for anything that could come up away from home. I would rather be over prepared then stuck without a needed item. I also carry a small potty chair in my car for those moments when one child has to go to the restroom and the others are sleeping. Nothing worse to to have to wake sleeping children, it is must easier to have a convenient restroom on the go. Twins may not be ideal for some but for our family it has definitely made my husband and I work together more as team as you become very creative in raising 2 at once.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!