Welcoming Brooklyn Hope

Friday, July 19, 2013




We welcomed our newest addition to our family on May 13th. She arrived a few weeks ahead of schedule. She spent 5 days in the NICU at Kaiser Los Angeles as she stopped breathing  shortly after birth. Luckily the time she spent in the NICU helped her to begin to breath on her own with no assistance and she joined our family at home shortly after.
  Brooklyn definitely has fit into our busy family lifestyle nicely. She isn't a light sleeper which is great when you have 2 1/2 yr old twins running around. Bristol has become quite the little mommy's helper and loves her new baby sister. We eased the twins into the new arrival prior to Brooklyn's birth so the twins would not be shocked when we came home from the hospital. They each had a baby doll and we worked with them on knowing that you have to be gentle with the baby, and that preparation I think has helped with no amount of jealousy from either child.
  I have also been lucky enough to be able to breastfeed Brooklyn as I was not successful with the twins. They never seemed to take to breast feeding and always preferred the bottle. But this time around I feel truly successful that Brooklyn has been able to latch on and has had no problem going from breast to bottle and back again without skipping a beat. I did seek the help of a lactation consultant which is why I feel we have been so successful. I am not putting a time limit on how long I will breastfeed but will just take it day by day, which seems to be working out pretty well right now.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!