Simple wedding make-up look

Sunday, January 11, 2015

      My best friend of over 20 yrs is getting married and I was asked to be in her wedding as a bridesmaid. Being the thrifty mom that I am, I decided to do my own make-up for this special occasion. Here are the following products I used:

 PRIMER:  I started with a make-up primer something simple but would get the job done in making my make-up last all night. I decided to use Benefits "that gal" brightening face primer. It goes on very smoothly and is light weight feeling but got the job done as my makeup never skipped a beat since putting it on earlier in the day.

CONCEALER:  I chose to use ELF's concealer stick in medium. It is great for slight discoloration around the eye area. I wouldn't say it's a heavy coverage concealer more light weight and mainly as a highlighter under the eye area.

FOUNDATION:  I used MAC's match master spf15 foundation, and used a beauty blender to apply it to give a more natural finish. I then took a buffer brush and made circular motions all over to give my makeup a more air brushed finish look.

POWDER:  I used Laura Mercier loose setting translucent powder to set the look, this is a great lightweight powder.

BLUSH: I contoured my face with Hard Candy's "So Baked" bronzed and on the apple of my cheeks used MAC's blush in Pink Swoon.

EYES: I started with the eyes by applying some concealer on them the same ELF one I used. I also used MAC's eyeshadow primer in Painterly, I then used the following MAC eyeshadows: Brule, Sketch & Satin Taupe. I first applied Brule to the entire lid, then applied Satin Taupe to the eye crease area. To enhance the eye I applied a small amount of Sketch to the crease as well to make the eye pop. I then applied MAC eyeliner Engraved to the upper and lower lids and the inner water line.
I then used a coat of Benefit's "There Real" Mascara prior to applying my false lashes. For lashes I used Ardell Falsh lashes in #120, I then applied another layer of mascara to blend the flashes lashes with my own.

LIPS: For the lips I went for a natural look lining my lips with MAC's Subculture, lipstick in Please Me and lipgloss color Angel. 

And here was my finished look, it was  very hot and humid even though the wedding was at night but my makeup lasted the entire night only needing to touch up my lipstick after eating and drinking.


1 comment: